I originally started with the SAT and the ACT before quickly moving on to the GRE and GMAT. I’ve taught throughout the greater Los Angeles area for over half a dozen test prep companies including Kaplan, before becoming a tutor, content creator, and blogger for Grockit.
After 5+ years teaching the ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, and tutoring sections of the IIM-CAT and LSAT via Skype with Grockit, I started GMAT Rockstar to tutor clients independently, and continued to blog and create educational content with Learnist, a ground-breaking educational platform created by the founders of Grockit.
My test prep blogs have been featured on numerous websites, including Beat the GMAT, Businessweek, Edu in Review, Veritas Prep, CollegeXpress, and more. I have also written blogs and practice questions for Veritas Prep, Magoosh, e-GMAT, and many smaller test prep companies.
I hold a degree from the University of Southern California and briefly lived abroad in London before returning to sunny SoCal. My hobbies include learning how to use WordPress, hiking in Griffith Park, and buying absurd quantities of organic produce. I’m also a huge word nerd and love teaching Math to “non-Math” people!
Additional questions? Contact me at GMATrockstar [at] gmail.com, or check out my reviews on Yelp!
Why Should You Choose Me?
- Knowledge. I’ve been a classroom teacher and private tutor for Kaplan, so I know how larger testprep companies “think.” I’ve taken what I found valuable from Kaplan, Grockit, and the many other smaller companies I’ve worked with, and I specialize in designing a personalized approach for each student.
- Flexibility. I’ve tutored for 4+ years virtually via Skype with Grockit, Inc., so I know how to make online tutoring fun and effective. I’m available days, nights, and weekends, and I am always in steady contact with students via email to monitor progress, answer homework questions, and pass on relevant blogs. I’m your personal cheerleader!
- Resources. I have written thousands of test prep questions as a freelance content creator for companies such as Grockit, Veritas Prep, and Magoosh. I am constantly mocking new questions from the GMAT Official Guide and GMATPrep software so I can provide students with accurate, challenging homework material that closely aligns with GMAC product.
- Preparation. I track all of my students’ progress, and create a targeted “game plan” for each student. I own over 40+ GMAT books and know exactly what chapters and materials to recommend to students. I am also a regular contributor to Beat the GMAT and keep up to date with the latest updates and changes from GMAC.
- Affordability. I only charge $150/hr, as opposed to the ridiculously high rates test prep giants charge, and there is no minimum number of hours.
Read testimonials from former students here!